Audio Producer - Rethink Audio Ltd
* we are now closed for applications - thank you to all who applied! *
Full-time, 12 month fixed term with possibility of extension
£27-35k, depending on experience
Location: Exmouth Market, London
Start date: Mid-late July
Rethink Audio is the multi award-winning podcast production company behind Happy Place, The Week Unwrapped, Work Like A Woman, Homo Sapiens, The Modern Mann and Freedom, Books, Flowers And The Moon.
We are looking for an Audio Producer to help us deliver our ongoing series and develop series with new clients as well as those for our own distribution. This includes new entertainment, drama, comedy and documentary formats.
You should have a minimum of five years experience in audio: that could be making your own podcast, making music, working for radio station or somewhere in between. As part of your application you will need to showcase two audio pieces you have produced in the past twelve months.
We are a proud supporter of flexible working and would be open to discussion regarding any existing work commitments. There may be some occasional evening or weekend work as part of this role.
This role will involve:
Script development & writing
Recording: in professional studios and on location
Editing: in our office and on the move
Publishing podcasts on different content management systems
Maintaining relationships with clients: confidently leading them through the production process
Working closely with the Director, the Production Manager & our team of freelancers to ensure a well-run production slate
Friendly and approachable demeanour
Proven successful relationship management with clients
Five years experience in audio
Excellent recording skills
Editing experience: ability to take creative decisions based on a brief, and manage feedback from clients
Able to take decisions under pressure
Experience of scripting (in audio or other mediums)
Ability to work to deadlines, good timekeeping
Understanding of budgets
Sound mixing experience
Basic understanding of current UK media law
Understanding of workflow to launch a new podcast
Experience of Adobe Audition, Dropbox, Google Drive, Photoshop
Good communicator on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc
Please send an email to email@example.com with:
A covering letter detailing
* your experience in relation to the person specification listed above
* why you would be an excellent addition to the Rethink Audio team
Links to two audio pieces you have produced in the past twelve months. Ideally you will have recorded & edited these pieces too. Please tell us briefly about your involvement in these projects.
Deadline for applications: 10am, Thursday 20th June
We will also be looking to expand our freelance pool, so we welcome applications from people we haven’t worked with before.
Production & Development Manager - Rethink Audio Ltd
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED *
Part-time 3 days/week (negotiable). 12 Month contract (with possibility of extension to permanent part-time role).
£25-34k pro rata, based on experience
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Start date: early-mid June
Rethink Audio is an award-winning podcast production company that makes Happy Place, Page 94: The Private Eye Podcast, Homo Sapiens and The Modern Mann. We are an expanding company and looking for a Production & Development Manager to manage all aspects of business development and day-to-day administration.
This is not an audio production role and no production experience is required. Induction and training will be provided on all podcast-specific and finance elements of the job so an eagerness to learn is essential.
This role will involve:
* Identifying business opportunities and pitching for new work
* Being the first point of contact for new and existing clients
* Managing employee and freelancer availability for project and ongoing work output
* Supporting the back-end delivery of podcasts for clients, e.g. music licences, podcast
submissions, social media links
* Booking recording studios and arranging guest bookings from time to time
* Drawing up and reviewing contracts based on our templates
* Supporting the Director in reviewing company policies, risk assessments etc
* Maintaining financial records and issuing invoices
* Maintaining the company diary, managing staff/freelancer holiday cover
* Friendly and approachable demeanour
* A successful track record in pitching for work in the creative sector
* Confident communicator: in person and by phone/email
* Independent, self-motivated; happy to work alone for periods of time
* Ability to work on concurrent projects with differing schedules, tracking time spent on projects
* A borderline unhealthy obsession with organisation and spreadsheets
* A quick learner: happy to be thrown new and different tasks every week
* Basic graphic design and knowledge of Photoshop
* Experience of invoicing and budgeting
* Experience of HR and payroll
* Interest in supporting the creative industries
* Basic knowledge and an enjoyment of podcasts
* University education
* Interest in making podcasts/getting into the media
* Accounts/financial training
* Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The deadline for applications is Midday, Monday 22nd April.
* Interviews will be held on 24th, 26th, 29th & 30th April.